Welcome!  Hymns have been and continue to be a real source of inspiration to me.  My desire in this blog is to share special hymns with my readers hoping that the words will minister to them, especially in times of great personal need.  If one of these hymns ministers to you, please take time to leave a comment so that I know that my blog is helping others as much as it helps me. Sometimes I will also provide a link where you can go to hear the hymn played.  So, please join me here each week and sing along as we praise God together.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

GOD WILL MAKE A WAY

Are there times in your life that you just don't know which way to turn, times when you need guidance, times when life just seems impossible? In times like that we often go to our family or our friends, but often they can't really help and we feel so alone and even scared. I sometimes think of the Israelites as they fled from Egypt. They had the advantage of actually seeing God guide them with a visible sign, day and night. But then they came to the Red Sea. The sea was in front of them and the Egyptian army was closing in from behind. The situation seemed impossible. But the God of the impossible didn't forget His children and in His time He made a way for them - right through the sea. And He still does the same thing for His children today. Like the Israelites we have the knowledge of His guidance in the past, but then we hit the Red Sea and we face the impossible. We often fret and worry and panic (at least I do) and yet God is there to make a way for us. So if today you are facing a Red Sea situation, please remember that God is there and He will make a way through the sea, in His time. Doe Moen must have experienced this and he was led to write the words and music for this week's selection.
God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me

He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness, He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and Earth will fade but His Word will still remain
And He will do something new today

Oh, God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me

He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way

Listen to it here. LISTEN

1 comment:

Wendy Searle said...

Hello Barry. What a wonderful site I have just found. Thank you so much. A man after my own heart. I am a volunteer small time radio announcer with Rhema FM 106.5 Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters in Queensland, Australia. I like to do a little 'Biblical Practicality' spot in my half hour program and you seem to be doing much the same thing - but on a much larger scale than I.
Good one, Barry! Not much time tonight, but I'll enjoy browsing your site frequently in the future.
Sincerely, Wendy Searle