Welcome!  Hymns have been and continue to be a real source of inspiration to me.  My desire in this blog is to share special hymns with my readers hoping that the words will minister to them, especially in times of great personal need.  If one of these hymns ministers to you, please take time to leave a comment so that I know that my blog is helping others as much as it helps me. Sometimes I will also provide a link where you can go to hear the hymn played.  So, please join me here each week and sing along as we praise God together.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

WE'LL TALK IT OVER


          I believe that one of the toughest and most common questions that Christians ponder is "Why?".   Why did you take my loved one home?  Why did I get this disease?  Why did I lose my job?  Why are my children in so much trouble?  Why can't we make ends met financially?  Why is our country in so much trouble?  And on and on.  Christians are not promised an easy path in life.  There are many trials and disappointments and at times we become frustrated and discouraged.  And often there are no easy answers to those questions.  But a true believer must place his faith in the Lord who directs our paths and knows all that we are going through.  We rest in the promise that "all things work together for good" for those in the Lord's family.  And as the shadows deepen and our heart bleeds we must rest in the hands of an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent Father.  And we hope that some day He will reveal the reasons to us and we will understand His ways.  Now I don't know what particular trials Ira Stanphill (1914-1993) had gone through, but I am sure, like each of us, he had his share.  And it may have been his questions that inspired him to write this week's hymn choice.  I have mentioned Stanphill in previous blogs for he is said to have written more than 500 gospel songs.  At the age of 10 he was already a fluent musician, having learned to play the piano, organ, ukulele and accordion.  He later learned to play the xylophone, guitar, saxophone and clarinet.  A the age of 17 he was composing and performing his own music for church services, revival campaigns and prayer meetings.  As a singer evangelist he traveled around the world and preached and performed in 40 countries.  Later, as a pastor, he is said to have often opened his Sunday evening services at the piano playing and singing a new song which he had just written.  The simple words of his many songs touch the hearts of many for they echo the thoughts of most believers. "I trust His leading, He'll never fail ... Tho' only one step ahead I see." "I'll hide my heartache behind a smile ... I know I'll find that all my burdens are silver lined."  What a comforting thought to know that someday we will be with our Savior who has all the answers to our present troubling questions. Presently those questions may bog us down.  However, I can't help but wonder, when we finally get to heaven and see out Savior and our loved ones, if these questions will still be of importance to us.  Or, will they be forgotten in the rapture of being there and participating in the eternal worship that will take place.  Maybe they will no longer bother us as we see how His path has led us to eternity.  Who really knows.  But we do know that we will be with our Father who knows all things and controls all things.  And all of our present trials and heartbreaks will then be gone forever.  What a day, glorious day that will be!

1 -  Tho' shadows deepen, and my heart bleeds,
I will not question the way He leads;
This side of Heaven we know in part,
I will not question a broken heart.
We'll talk it over in the bye and bye.
We'll talk it over, my Lord and I.
I'll ask the reasons - He'll tell me why,
When we talk it over in the bye and bye.

2 -  I'll trust His leading, He'll never fail,
Thru darkest tunnels or misty vales.
Obey his bidding and faithful be,
Tho' only one step ahead I see.
We'll talk it over in the bye and bye.
We'll talk it over, my Lord and I.
I'll ask the reasons - He'll tell me why,
When we talk it over in the bye and bye.

3 -   I'll hide my heartache behind a smile
And wait for reasons 'til after while.
And tho' He try me, I know I'll find
That all my burdens are silver lined.
We'll talk it over in the bye and bye.
We'll talk it over, my Lord and I.
I'll ask the reasons - He'll tell me why,
When we talk it over in the bye and bye.

Listen to it here.   LISTEN

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My late mum taught me this song when I was around 7 years old. When she was battling breast cancer, that song gave her the strength. It is now my favorite, especially when I am tempted to ask 'why Lord?'. It gives me hope and peace.

Unknown said...

This song has blessed my heart from a young age.... The other day I heard myself say... I CAN'T WAIT TILL i GET TO HEAVEN & ASK THE PROPHETS, HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU LIVE TO BE HUNDREDS OF YEARS OLD & MY LITTLE ARTHRITIS BRINGS ME GRIEF AT 70! That song immediately came to my mind... I started singing it... & began to smile at the prospect of asking them in person, no longer thinking about my pain. Thank you My brother for Penning this song! It has truly helped me over the years













IKE CLINTON AYIBATONYE said...

What a song of hope and courage to live on despite the fears and troubles we face.

Anonymous said...

This song always give me an excitement to go to heaven,,,yes,my LORD and I will talked it over by and by how great will be!!