Welcome!  Hymns have been and continue to be a real source of inspiration to me.  My desire in this blog is to share special hymns with my readers hoping that the words will minister to them, especially in times of great personal need.  If one of these hymns ministers to you, please take time to leave a comment so that I know that my blog is helping others as much as it helps me. Sometimes I will also provide a link where you can go to hear the hymn played.  So, please join me here each week and sing along as we praise God together.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

IT IS WONDERFUL AND MARVELOUS


The regular readers of this blog will know that sometimes my choices are made because of the moving melody of the selection.  This is the case again this week since I love the chorus in particular, with its flowing, upbeat melody.  And the words also are special and a wonderful testimony..  In the first verse we are reminded of the peace which we experience when we yield to the Saviour's control.  The second verse reminds us of His presence during our daily walk through His marvelous grace.  As is very common in old hymns, the final verse speaks of the fellowship we will experience when we see our Lord face to face around His throne. Concluding hymns with a verse about the hope of heaven was important to the old hymn writers. And yes, what Jesus has done for our soul is marvelous and wonderful.  No words can adequately share this situation.  Once again, I could find nothing about the actual writing of this hymn except that it was penned by Mrs. Charles H. Morris (1862-1929).  I have referred to her in previous blogs noting that when her eyes began to fail in 1913, her son built a 28-foot blackboard with oversized staff lines so she could continue composing.  It is said that she authored more than 1,000 Gospel songs.  This one must have flowed from her closeness to the Lord.  Hopefully it will be a stirring reminder to you of the wonderful, marvelous experience of knowing and walking with the Lord.
(1)   The Saviour has come in His mighty Power 
And spoken peace to my soul 
And all of my life from that very hour 
I've yielded to his control {x2} 
Wonderful oh it is wonderful 
It is marvelous and wonderful 
What Jesus has done for this soul of mine 
The half has never been told 

(2)   From Glory to Glory he leads me on 
From Grace to Grace every day 
And brighter and brighter the Glory dawns 
While pressing my home ward way {x2} 
Wonderful oh it is wonderful 
It is marvelous and wonderful 
What Jesus has done for this soul of mine 
The half has never been told 

(3)    If fellowship here with my Lord can be 
So inexpressibly sweet 
Oh what will it be when his face we see 
When round the bright throne we meet (x2) 
Wonderful oh it is wonderful 
It is marvelous and wonderful 
What Jesus has done for this soul of mine 
The half has never been told  

It has been difficult to find a good video of this hymn, but here are two choices for you to try.
VIDEO 1       VIDEO 2

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks so much Barry!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. My father loves this song. How can i get this song in sheet music form

Anonymous said...

Anonymous "2". If you send me an email (fbfawana@aol.com) I may be able to get a copy to you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blueflyer said...

Thank you for sharing this precious hymn... I was especially blessed to see this group sing it so beautifully in praise to our most awesome God!
Can someone please post information on the author?

Anonymous said...

Please email me a copy too. I love it so much. My address is: dn_bradford@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you.

Daniel said...

Can I also get one please!
daniel@schulzendal.co.za

Anonymous said...

M n love with this song... can i get a copy (with notes) thanks. God bless.. Kindly mail here. classic23studio@gmail.com
or
classic.studio23@yahoo.in

Unknown said...

I'd love a copy of the sheet music...can'tfind it anywhere...thanks. patinamax@gmail.com