Welcome!  Hymns have been and continue to be a real source of inspiration to me.  My desire in this blog is to share special hymns with my readers hoping that the words will minister to them, especially in times of great personal need.  If one of these hymns ministers to you, please take time to leave a comment so that I know that my blog is helping others as much as it helps me. Sometimes I will also provide a link where you can go to hear the hymn played.  So, please join me here each week and sing along as we praise God together.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

ALL THE WAY MY SAVIOR LEADS ME

Over the years thousands have been touched by the music of the blind hymn writer, Fanny Crosby. We could spend several years just blogging about her many writings. Actually, her early writings were secular, but through the influence of a well-known church musician, W. B. Bradbury, she began, in her early forties, to write gospel song lyrics in earnest and she became the "happiest creature in all the land." It is said that she never wrote a hymn text without first kneeling in prayer and asking for divine guidance. It is reported that one day she desperately needed five dollars and did not know where the money would come from. As was her custom, she began to pray about the matter. Within a few minutes a stranger appeared at her door with just the right amount. "I have no way of accounting for this," she wrote, "except to believe that God, in answer to my prayer, put it in the heart of this good man to bring the money. My first thought was, it is so wonderful the way the Lord leads me." She immediately wrote the words for this week's hymn. Her friend, Dr. Robert Lowry then put it to music and for years it has been the wonderful testimony of many believers. Is this your testimony? What a joy to know that the creator of the universe cares enough for each believer to provide daily guidance and direction. I wonder, after having experienced His provision, why we still worry and fret about tomorrow.

(1) All the way my Savior leads me;
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

(2) All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread;
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.

(3) All the way my Savior leads me
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father's house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way.

Listen to this great hymn here. LISTEN

Here is another rendition, a beautiful piano solo. PIANO

No comments: