Welcome!  Hymns have been and continue to be a real source of inspiration to me.  My desire in this blog is to share special hymns with my readers hoping that the words will minister to them, especially in times of great personal need.  If one of these hymns ministers to you, please take time to leave a comment so that I know that my blog is helping others as much as it helps me. Sometimes I will also provide a link where you can go to hear the hymn played.  So, please join me here each week and sing along as we praise God together.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

JESUS IS ALL THE WORLD TO ME

What are the most important things in your life?  I guess one really thinks about this question when faced with death and the loss of loved ones.  You realize how unimportant material things really are when you need to need to clean up an estate after a death.  Things that once seemed important now are things to be discarded, distributed, taxed, or even fought over.  Then you realize even more that the important things in life are relationships, especially with your loved ones.  You now miss the chance to be with them, to share your joys and your sorrows, and to seek their advice.  We all need someone to be our friend ... someone who cares about us ... someone who cheers us ... someone who is always there ... someone who accepts us for who we are ... someone we can trust.  But even our loved ones can fail us.  There is really only one friend that is always faithful.  This old hymn reminds us of that one.
Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall.
When I am sad, to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad, He's my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, my Friend in trials sore;
I go to Him for blessings, and He gives them over and o'er.
He sends the sunshine and the rain, He sends the harvest's golden grain;
Sunshine and rain, harvest of grain, He's my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, and true to Him I'll be;
O how could I this Friend deny, when He's so true to me?
Following Him I know I'm right, He watches o'er me day and night;
Following Him by day and night, He's my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, I want no better Friend;
I trust Him now, I'll trust Him when life's fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a Friend, beautiful life that has no end;
Eternal life, eternal joy, He's my Friend.

Listen to it here.    LISTEN

No comments: