Welcome!  Hymns have been and continue to be a real source of inspiration to me.  My desire in this blog is to share special hymns with my readers hoping that the words will minister to them, especially in times of great personal need.  If one of these hymns ministers to you, please take time to leave a comment so that I know that my blog is helping others as much as it helps me. Sometimes I will also provide a link where you can go to hear the hymn played.  So, please join me here each week and sing along as we praise God together.

Sunday, November 7, 2021

WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE (TH)

TIMELESS HYMNS - A special feature in which I choose a previous blog, rewrite it and share it once again.  This hymn was featured here on February 5, 2012

          The pandemic has made us realize how fragile life can be here on this earth.   We know that this world is not our home but we are often surprised when loved ones and friends are suddenly gone.  While death is not always easy for us to accept, it is much easier when we know the departed one is with the Lord.
          What a comfort to know that because of our relationship with the Lord, we have the assurance that absent from this world means present with the Lord.   And not only will we be eternally with the One who died for us, but we will be reunited with our love ones who have gone ahead of us.  What a day, glorious day that will be!    
           And that fact is what brought me to this week's choice which was written by Jim Hill. He related that his mother-in-law became very sick. He was a very new Christian at the time and one day when he was coming home from work, he was asking God why this was happening to his mother-in-law. Then he said, words just starting filling his mind, but he did not have anything to write the words down. So when he got home he got out of the car, looked down and there was a old piece of cardboard. So he picked it up and wrote down the words to "What A Day That Will Be."
           The first person that Hill sang the song to was his sick mother-in-law. Since then the song has been an anthem of encouragement many times for many people. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4.
          I trust that you have the assurance of a future with the Lord in the home which He is preparing for you.  I hope to see you there.

(1)     There is coming a day
When no heartache shall come
No more clouds in the sky
No more tears to dim the eye
All is peace forever more
On that happy golden shore
What a day, glorious day that will be.
Chorus:
What a day that will be
When my Jesus I shall see
And I look upon His face
The One who saved my by His grace
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land
What a day, glorious day that will be

2)    There'll be no sorrow there
No more burdens to bear
No more sickness, no pain
No more parting over there
And forever I will be
With the One who died for me
What a day, glorious day that will be.
Chorus:
What a day that will be
When my Jesus I shall see
And I look upon His face
The One who saved my by His grace
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land
What a day, glorious day that will be

Listen to it here.    HEAVEN



1 comment:

Marlene R. said...

Absolutely LOVE this song. Have heard it for many years from the Bill Gaither group. Brings tears to my eyes.

Can't wait to see our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ...very soon.