Welcome!  Hymns have been and continue to be a real source of inspiration to me.  My desire in this blog is to share special hymns with my readers hoping that the words will minister to them, especially in times of great personal need.  If one of these hymns ministers to you, please take time to leave a comment so that I know that my blog is helping others as much as it helps me. Sometimes I will also provide a link where you can go to hear the hymn played.  So, please join me here each week and sing along as we praise God together.

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Fwd: FACE TO FACE (TH)

TIMELESS HYMN - A feature where I choose a hymn that I have written about before, rewrite and edit it, then post it a second time to encourage my readers.  This one was first shared on January 9, 2011.

          Have you ever met somebody very important face to face? If you have, you will never forget that experience. 
          In 1984 my wife and I met President Regan on the White House lawn after I had received a national award from him.  We were able to talk to him face to face. I also was able to take a picture of him which I still treasure today. 
          At almost the same time one of my best friends had a heart attack and was taken to heaven where he met our Savior face to face.  What an even greater thrill that must have been for Paul.
           Carrie E. Breck (1855-1934), a mother of five, wrote poetry as she would rock her small children.  She wrote more than 2,000 poems during her lifetime. It is said that she was tone deaf, but several of her poems were set to music by various musicians. 
          Once she sent one of her poems to Grant C. Tullar (1869-1950) and he found that it fit a tune which he had just written the night before. The poem talked about a time which will surpass even meetings with presidents - a time when we will see the Lord face to face. What a special experience that will be - a time of rejoicing and worship unlike anything else we will ever experience.  That meeting should be the hope of each believer.
          I trust that you know Jesus as your Savior and are looking forward, with assurance and anticipation, to that special day.  Maybe this year will be the time when we do finally meet him ... face to face in all His glory ,,, the One who died for us!  Are you ready?

Face to face with Christ, my Savior,
Face to face--what will it be?
When with rapture I behold Him,
Jesus Christ who died for me.
Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by!

Only faintly now, I see Him,
With the darkling veil between,
But a blessed day is coming,
When His glory shall be seen.
Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by!

What rejoicing in His presence,
When are banished grief and pain;
When the crooked ways are straightened,
And the dark things shall be plain.
Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by!

Face to face! O blissful moment!
Face to face--to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer,
Jesus Christ who loves me so.
Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by!

Listen to it here.     FACE

No comments: